Sunday 14 August 2011

an expression of love, organised.

so now that i am wearing a beautiful symbol of my my man and my upcoming (and present) commitment, i have turned my concentration (not to my university work, haha) but to the planning of my wedding!
now that i have been obsessively sifting through website after website of eco, green, environmentally friendly weddings, i have come to the realisation of exactly how much planning is involved!! there is just so much to consider!
i am a planning and organising freak, i love getting fresh stationery and labeling everything, keeping it all alphabetised and in order. it's a little bit extreme if i am honest.
so when it came down to buying a wedding planner, i was super keen to have one, to plan my day right down to the ribbon on my wedding favours. i needed one that was within my budget of course. and i wanted it to look exactly how i wanted, be exactly the right size, and of course be environmentally friendly.
after a few seconds of contemplation i realised that i could be looking the entire length of my engagement and find no success with those kind of expectations. boo for me. so what was my solution? what's the best way to get exactly what you want from something?
make it yourself!

so i did. i searched online for an electronic wedding planner (which i found, for free here, at the smart bride) to get the basics for what i needed in a planner and headed to a stationery store. i found tonnes of recycled and environmentally friendly goodies! have a looky see!




first of all 100% recycled paper to write all my ideas, inspirations, contacts and all the other essential wedding things on.


second of all, a pen made of sawdust, tree resin and recycled plastic to write down all of my ideas and details with.


third, dividers made from recycled pulp to keep all the different ideas seperate.


fourth, an eco 2012 diary for me to keep on top of all the important dates.


last, a folder made from recycled board to keep it all snug and organised.

i can't explain how excited i was when i finally got this all together and wrote out all the tabs, put blank paper in each section and clipped the diary in. it was a reality check that it was actually really happening!

x

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your wedding plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks gorgeous :) i'm doing well so far, venue and photographer booked!

    ReplyDelete