Thursday 7 April 2011

Scrub up! (naturally) with natural hand sanitiser

In my literary travels I came across a handy little recipe for a natural hand sanitiser. This is particularly well timed because we are going into winter where I live, and with winter comes all the lovely cold and flu germs! So sanitizing after touching potentially disgusting public surfaces (like public toilet door handles) is sometimes quite a must.

If I'm honest, it's a good find for me for everyday use, as constant hand washing dries my skin out like crazy, and normal chemical hand sanitisers also dry my skin out like crazy (because of the high alcohol content - a very drying agent).

Oh, and I never grew up, so I'm always getting into all kinds of messes, mucking around outdoors, with kids, playing with animals (for example, tonight a family of possums decided to come and eat dinner with me, so of course, I petted them and fed them. Repeatedly. And every pat was followed by a hand wash. If I'd had my sanitiser I wouldn't have used half of my hand moisturiser!)

So to make an all natural, skin friendly sanitiser, mix;

• one cup of aloe vera gel
• 1-2 teaspoons of witch hazel
• 3-4 drops of tea tree oil
• 3-4 drops of peppermint oil

Stir all of the ingredients together, mixing in more aloe gel to get a thicker consistency, if that's how you like it :)

X

No comments:

Post a Comment